Microneedling works by encouraging your skin to make more collagen.
The idea is that pinpricks from the procedure cause slight injury to the skin
and that the skin responds by making new collagen-rich tissue.
This new skin tissue is, in turn, more even in tone and texture. It’s normal for the skin to lose collagen via age or injury.
By encouraging the skin to make new tissue, there may be more collagen to help make the skin firmer, too.
SkinPen® TREATMENT GET STARTED
Microneedling is your new best friend when it comes to combatting the appearance of facial acne scars. Ask for a SkinPen® treatment by name to get the impressive results demonstrated by our clinical study and the safety of the first FDA-cleared device.
Here’s what you can expect from a SkinPen treatment:
- A plan for optimal results. Your physician may recommend a course of procedures based on your individual goals. Maintenance of your procedure might require multiple treatments.
- A comfortable procedure. Based on your needs, your physician will likely apply a topical numbing agent to the treatment area.
- A short procedure time. The treatment will likely take about 30 minutes.
- A mild sensation. Most patients report feeling only the slight vibration of SkinPen during the procedure.
- Minimal post-procedure effects. The skin will appear slightly pink to red immediately post-procedure, similar to a mild to moderate sunburn. Additionally, the most common treatment responses experienced were dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning. These conditions resolved over time without any further complications. Please see patient labeling for detailed safety information.
- Soothing aftercare. Your clinician will provide Skinfuse® LIFT, a clean, non-cytotoxic hydrogel used to prevent the skin from drying out post-treatment.
- An effective post-procedure protocol. Your provider might recommend an aftercare regimen. Ask about Skinfuse, Bellus Medical’s 90-day protocol specifically formulated to support your skin following microneedling.